ACC Resolution 16.17: Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification
Dated: 19 Apr. 2016
Event date: Lusaka, Zambia, 8-19 April 2016
(Minutes & Reports
Persistent link: iarccum.org/doc/?d=578This persistent link may be used in print publications to link to this document.
This document has these items:
- HTML (anglicancommunion.org)
Resolution 16.17: Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification
The Anglican Consultative Council
- welcomes and affirms the substance of the Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification (JDDJ), signed by Lutherans and Roman Catholics in 1999; and
- recognizes that Anglicans have explored the doctrine of justification with both Lutherans and Roman Catholics; and
- recognizes that Anglicans and Lutherans share a common understanding of God?s justifying grace, as the Helsinki Report stated that we are accounted righteous and are made righteous before God only by grace through faith because of the merits of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and not on account of our works or merits; and
- recognizes that in 1986 the Anglican-Roman Catholic International Commission (ARCIC) produced a statement Salvation and the Church, which observed that our two Communions are agreed on the essential aspects of the doctrine of salvation and on the Church?s role within it.