Inter-Anglican Standing Committee on Unity Faith and Order (IASCUFO)
Anglican Consultative Council (1969-)
This persistent link may be used in print publications to link to this page.
Sub-headings on this page
• Communiqués & Press Releases
• Minutes & Reports
IASCUFO at St. Asaph ~ 2012
IASCUFO at Chester ~ 2012
An excerpt from the IASCOFU report to ACC-17:
The Inter-Anglican Standing Commission on Unity Faith and Order (IASCUFO) is a unique forum that harvests the riches of intra-Anglican and ecumenical dialogue, and places them in dialogue with one another.
The Commission brings together work done previously by the Inter-Anglican Theological and Doctrinal Commission (IATDC), the Inter-Anglican Standing Commission on Ecumenical Relations (IASCER), and the Windsor Continuation Group. The Standing Committee of the Anglican Communion established IASCUFO in November 2008, with the following mandate:
- To promote the deepening of Communion between the Churches of the Anglican Communion, and between those Churches and the other churches and traditions of the Christian oikumene
- To advise the provinces and the Instruments of Communion on all questions of ecumenical engagement, proposals for national, regional or international ecumenical agreement or schemes of cooperation and unity, as well as on questions touching Anglican Faith and Order
- To review developments in the areas of faith, order or unity in the Anglican Communion and among ecumenical partners, and to give advice to the Churches of the Anglican Communion or to the Instruments of Communion upon them, with the intention to promote common understanding, consistency, and convergence both in Anglican Communion affairs, and in ecumenical engagement.
- To assist any Province with the assessment of new proposals in the areas of Unity, Faith and Order as requested.
IASCUFO has met yearly to reflect on life in the Anglican Communion. It advises the Instruments of Communion, and advises the provincial churches on their ecumenical relationships.
Communiqués & Press Releases
Minutes & Reports